26 March 2008

To the People in My Neighborhood

I am curious about the slow but definite evolution of my cyber-neighbourhood as other bloggers list me among their friends and I am informed by email that they have done so and that I can include them among mine. All I need do is follow a link and do...what?

I have 2 friends now thanks to blogcatalog.com an on-line service that helps get your blog site seen and connects you up with like-minded and not so like-minded individuals. I thought I had a couple more friends but they don't seem to be listed as friends any more. Maybe they never were and I failed in some way to welcome them in to my neighbourhood.

Just so you my new chums know who you're trying to get pals-y with...

I'm not a "Born Again" christian but I am a born again christian - think about it! As I say on my blog-site I am an Anglican and that is problematical for the brethren out to my political Right. Those of you who don't know me shouldn't judge me (but now you know my denomination you may have already done so) but I understand your urge to do so. I'm aware of my sinfulness. Are you?

I like to think I look to "the God who is there" (Google this or "Francis Schaeffer") for wisdom, not to Ancient Masters, and I hold to the this truth, that the historic person Jesus of the 1st century both the long expected Messiah of Jewish scriptures and the world's true Lord. If you move into my neighbourhood, thats the kind of next-door neighbour you get.

I bid you welcome nevertheless and hope we can get along. I welcome your comments.

the true God bless you

Richard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't been in your neighbourhood lately, not even cyber-wise. But then I don't even belong to many on line communities where I could be recognised. You know I've never thought of you as an Anglican. I wonder if there is a denomination for hybrids (is that short for high brides of Christ?) Never mind, if anyone rejects you for your damnational affiliations it is a sad world. Anyway, good to see you blogging again. I do check to see what inspiration might come from your pages and am sad when there's nothing new. Go well good friend. Donald.