30 January 2008

What's in a name, why's there a change?

Well it is with regret I say goodbye to "Mangawhai Beach" (though the link will still contain the name), and hello to "The Razor's Edge Café".

My association with the actual beach at Mangawhai is drawing to a close. We're trying, Sue and I, to sell the caravan and save ourselves the nearly $2000 per year site rental. Our circumstances are changed, so we are not getting to and using the old 'van as we used to when we were Aucklanders. We haven't sold yet but we have certainly had a lot of interest over the summer. So it's 'wait and see'.

"The Razor's Edge Café" name is edgier than the other (pun intended) and is not dependent on where I spend my summer holidays. It is the title of a song I wrote years ago (verse 1 quoted above) and which I may some time quote in full. Hopefully my blogs will be unlike the goings on at the Razor's Edge Café in the song, where truth was seen as threatening and souls were damaged by "something there, hard to define".

So welcome one and all. Buy a coffee and a sticky bun, pull up a pew and enjoy!

More later, as it occurs to me. And be in touch....

No comments: